Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's time to be thankful


Dear Life,

I think thanks are in order.  I've been absent because things have been crazy.  I'm trying to make sure my oldest takes care of some things in school before he graduates high school.  I can't believe I just typed that.
Anyway.

I've been dealing with my own health issues.  I have epilepsy, and I am trying to find a better medication to take.  I started taking Topamax when to my chagrin I started noticing one of the major side effects.  I started getting confused, unable to think straight, and when I would drive around I would make small errors ( like go down the wrong street and forget where I was going or go North on a freeway instead of South).  I called the neurologist and am now going to try a new medication, but it's slow going and frustrating.

I've been trying to get my house in better order.  It's not quite happening as easily as I would like it but I've been assured that slow and steady wins the race.

Just when I start getting in a funk (the medication thing really bothered me...and of course having a child in a cast again doesn't help either) wonderfully fantastic things happen to remind me that God has me in His hands and all will be well.

I received personally affirmation again that sending Keoni to Hawaii is the right thing to do.  I know without a doubt it's where he needs to be...after much prayer, and talking to Keoni, our cousins in Hawaii that he will be staying with, and each other, my husband and I feel comfort and peace and are so happy that he will have the love of our Ohana in Oahu and he's going to be fine.

Not only that, but after having a difficult couple of weeks with him, he has been sweet, taking care of his responsibilities, and the lovely son that I forgot existed in the shell of teenage angst.

I received just today a phone call from my dear friend Sarah saying that someone felt impressed to call and give her tickets to a women's conference for our church.  She knew I wanted to go, and offered the tickets to me.  I am so very excited as I could really use this kind of uplifing weekend.  To make it even better....it has turned into a sleepover on Friday night.  YAY for mommy sleepovers...I am so excited to have a break from uber testosterone and find some inner peace and light again.

I received my package today after a rather challenging two days from the "send something good" event that Gentri Lee put on.  IT. MADE. MY. WEEK.  Books.  Note cards. Body Butter to name a few things.  But my most favorite item was the super sweet card that Jill wrote....and the donation she made to our walk.  I will be posting pictures and writing a separate blog entry for this at a later date.

After many years of a strained relationship, I have finally been able to find a way to understand my mother and it has made a world of difference in our relationship.  I am so grateful for that.

I am grateful for LOVE, FAMILY, FRIENDS, and all of you who read my blog, pray for us, think of us, and take the time to write to me.  There are times I don't get to reply back...please know how much I treasure you...



 



5 comments :

  1. Lovely post dear friend! Don't have too much fun with Sarah.... because I am jealous of that one :-) Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for all of the wonderful blessings you've been given! Hopefully, you will be on top of the meds thing quickly and feeling good as new! So excited that you get to go to women's conference! Enjoy your sleepover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I'm so happy to know you loved your box!! And wow, after reading what all you've been going through, on top of everything else, I feel like Send Something Good--and my finding out about it by chance--happened for a reason. Your post has made my week too!! Thanks for showing up on my Facebook, Pinterest,etc. pages--wherever I look, I see your smiling face now! You are truly an inspiration. I don't know how you do it all, and I hope all the signs keep being positive ones--you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord is SO good!!! I am so excited about our slumber party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for you!!!!

    You made my week with the lovely care package that you put together for me. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy life to put so much thought into the items that you sent to me and for the absolutely lovely note that you wrote inside.

    I LOVE every item!! I will write you a more detailed THANK YOU later - it's the LEAST I can do.

    You are precious - and soooo appreciated!! I look forward to getting to know you better...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!