Friday, October 10, 2014

The Love Dare Day 8

The Love Dare
Day 8

"Love is as strong as death; it's jealousy as unyielding as the grave.  It burns like blazing fire."  Song of Solomon 8:6

I am so thankful that Tausha put together this challenge and is allowing me to participate.  I think this is a particularly difficult challenge because you have to come clean about  your own shortcomings.  No one wants to admit to being jealous!  So...here goes!

I love my husband to pieces.  He is my best friend, my lover, my soul mate.  In a week we will celebrate 20 years of marriage. 



 Almost half of my life I've been married!  We've had some amazing highs, and some really challenging lows.  Each one of our children has been a blessing to us.  Finding out that our youngest son was going to be born with a disability we knew nothing about was frightening and really one of the hardest things we have ever faced as parents.  It also made us stronger.  Strong enough to adopt little Ms. Sofi.  Our family now consists of five boys and one girl.  Two of these sweet kiddos has extras.  As a stay at home mom, there are times I sit at home, after changing what feels like the thirtieth diaper of the day, not having showered or looking glamorous for what feels like years, and I can't muster the enthusiasm to praise my husband for something he's done at work.  As a matter of fact, I am guilty of not wanting to hear about his day; of being jealous of the yummy lunch he ate in his meeting or the tickets he received to watch a game with one of the boys.  For a long time, I never understood the need to spend two hours in the ocean surfing...I was jealous of that time he spent away from me.  

Let's face it, relationships take work.  If you are not careful, envy and jealousy can destroy love.  Part of the reason that I wanted to join in the Love Dare is so I can put my relationship with Stuart first, before anything.  Our marriage is so important to me, eternally so.  It's time that I help US find US and strengthen that bond.  

Day 8 dare is to be your spouse's biggest fan!  Reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements take yesterdays list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it.  Then share with your partner how proud you are of a success or blessing he/she recently enjoyed. 


 LOVE is the most important thing in the world.    









No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!