Monday, October 8, 2012

Spina Bifia Awareness Day 9 - Halle's Story


Dear Life,


Here is a new sweet baby girl.  She's adorable and not even a year old.  I am enjoying hearing everyone's story...and feel blessed and honored that people are trusting me and my blog to share.  Enjoy Halle's story!



"My daughter is Halle Grace, she was born 3/14/12. We found out at 24 weeks that she had SB.
 It was probably a good thing that I was lying down, or I may have fallen over. I was so shocked!  How could this happen to me, to my baby? I'm healthy, I took my vitamins, and have three other healthy children. I felt like the world stopped spinning. To add to the stress, the doctor asked right away if we would want to terminate our pregnancy 
(we would have to do it right away since I was almost 25 weeks). I was horrified that she even asked. They did not give us positive or accurate information, so we went home and googled. I found many websites/blogs that gave me hope, but a lot of depressing information too. I cried more tears than I can count for the rest of my pregnancy. I was so scared to meet her, I just wanted to
keep her inside forever so I wouldn't have to deal with any of it and neither would she!
 In my pain, I heard Gods voice clearer than ever. Psalm 139:13-16 was laid on my heart right away as a promise..."for you created my
inmost being, you knit me together in my mothers womb; I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame (spine!) was not hidden from you when I was made in the
secret place; When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." I also learned why we are told not to
worry! It can be crushing.



I am so grateful that I was given Halle to raise. She is a precious, beautiful baby and she is loved immeasurably by everyone, especially her three siblings. She has changed us all for the better. She often gives me
this look as if to say "I don't know what you are talking about mom, there is nothing wrong with me!" She is doing very well and has been very healthy so far. 
We will continue to wait and let her show us what she can do, as she is just 6 1/2 months old. If I had to give advice to parents expecting a child with SB, I would say a few things: 
Cry your tears, but please try to enjoy your pregnancy anyway! It will be okay! Spina Bifida is NOT the end of the world. Finally meeting your baby will make it seem not so scary, and you will know that you can do anything for them!"





2 comments :

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!