Sunday, October 14, 2012

Spina Bifida Awareness Day 15- Kenidee's Story

Dear Life,

I met this mommy on a Spina Bifida website..she was searching for information after being diagnosed. Her story touched my heart...her firstborn passed away after a few months and here she was having to deal with Spina Bifida.  I was rereading a message Ali had sent me long ago and this quote comes back to me :

" You know, after losing Saige, all I could do is

 wonder why God would pick me to lose a child.


 Well, after Kenidee was born and how lucky I feel,


I now know why"


I have long thought Ali as an incredible woman. 

 Now you can read about Kenidee:



"We found out that Kenidee would be born with SB when I was 19 weeks along.  My husband and I were blown away by the diagnosis.  What had we done wrong?  We just sat in the ultrasound room and cried.  We cried the whole way home.  






The doctor had informed us that we were legally able to terminate if that was our choice.  How does anyone make that decision...a decision that no parent should ever have to make.  So, we didn't.  We chose to let God make the decision.  













                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
 Now, Kenidee is 4 and the joy of our lives.  Even though there are times where I hate the fact that she has it harder then most kids, it doesn't stop her from doing what she wants to do. Even though it might take her a little longer to learn things, she eventually finds a way that works for her.  Spina Bifida is just her diagnosis, not who she is.  She is smart, cute, determined, strong willed and the funniest little thing I've even known.


Spina Bifida isn't a diagnosis that ends the world, it's a diagnosis that opens up a whole new and exciting world that most people aren't lucky enough to experience. :)"





1 comment :

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!