Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waist Watcher Wednesday.....

Dear Life,

I went to the gym.  Here's the skinny on what happened.  Or not so skinny.

I weighed in.....304. UGH
I found out my BMI is 46%
Double UGH.
I found out that I have 137 pound of FAT on my body.....
TRIPLE UGH.

I learned some interesting things.

3 things we need to do to lose weight, and be fit and lower our BMI...and here they are in order of importance.

1.  Gain muscle.
Yes...that was first.  70 % of importance.  WOW.

2 and 3  Eat Healthy/ Aerobic exercise.

That is so different than the way I was taught years ago.  I guess the fitness industry is always changing, right?

So here is what else I learned...

Warm up for ten minutes.
Hit the weights.
THEN do cardio.
DON'T do weights daily.
DO cardio daily.


I also learned that I hate that particular gym.

I loved working out.....it felt great.  But I was so not a fan of the layout of the gym.  Up the stairs to cardio.  Down the stairs to the weight room.  The weight room which was all men except for me and two other women (who happened to be pretty ripped).  Awkward much?

So now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get my groove on without hating where I'm at.  I'm seriously thinking of getting Kinect for Xbox 360 and getting some cool games/ work out videos and enjoying my house and my Xbox.  The ultimate Xbox workout.  Maybe I'll create my own "thing".  HA.  I know myself.  I pretty much hated that gym.  And I can't afford the personal trainer that was so helpful.  Then I won't know how to use all of the machines.  UGH.  Must think about it.

From....A tired and sore Mom of Boys!


1 comment :

  1. I'm in the same boat as you but have not started anything yet. I'm pretty sure we have the same stats right now. I did not know that you should always start with weights first, good to know. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!