Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not trying to get political...

Dear Life,


I don't like talking politics.  
We all have our own ideas, agenda's and goals in life.
But I hope you can take the time to read this post.  
For my family, it will be the difference between life and death.
Okay maybe not quite life or death,
But the difference between Kumaka having the CHANCE to walk...
or being FORCED to wheel.
This petition:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/SaveCCS-therapy/ 


is to help ALL families receive much needed physical and occupational therapy.
Without it, the state is trying to cut the budget for therapy so that only income qualified families will receive it. 
The income threshold is VERY low.
We won't qualify.
Insurance does not cover physical therapy and occupational therapy.
Watch these videos of Kumaka to see what therapy has done for him.


First they taught him to crawl.




Without them, he wouldn't be able to crawl.


Then they started teaching him to walk.












We take these things for granted.  Remember when you taught your kids to crawl, and then walk?  You didn't need any extra devices, any trained therapist to teach them. 


Without therapy, Kumaka would be stuck in a chair.  He would have no options.  Kids like him deserve a chance.  Please take the one minute it takes to sign this petition.  Even if it doesn't affect you.  It affects more people than you know.  We appreciate it!




Photobucket

11 comments :

  1. I feel your pain. My son has SB too and our state (Wisconsin) recently made cuts to Medicaid, which is how he gets his PT and OT because our private insurance also does not cover them. They cut his PT visits in half and I appealed the decision and am now waiting for the verdict. It sucks, big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That totally sucks.....I'm so sorry. I hate that the first thing these states want to cut is disability benefits. ;(

      Delete
  2. This is amazing, I signed it, I really hope this helps I can't believe this situation!! What a sweet little guy!! Please keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed it! A great cause. Good luck, Sister Jensen!

    -RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Carrie and I am writing you from Canada so I don't think me signing is of any help, I just wanted to send my support. I know how important OT & PT is my son Quinn has CP he's 2 years and 9 months and is just starting to walk on his own!!!! I have to say that yes his PT & OT has been such an important facter in his development but it has been me and my husbands unwavering 24/7 diligent commitment to follow through daily with him practicing what he has learned in therapy between appointments, that is where and why we have seen the real difference and advancement in his development. Stay strong and know that you are not alone, there are people out in the world that are in simular situations. As one mom to another you teach him how to find his confidence, his bravery, his boldness, his courage and his will. Among other very important rolls we as moms carry this is probably one of the most important that we can help to nurture. All the best to you and your family and I sure hope you don't loose the funding. (((((prayers))))) Carrie Gaze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an amazing response, thank you very much!!!! I pray with all my might that this budget cut does not go through. It's very difficult to get politicians to understand what disabled people need if they themselves don't have to deal with it. Praying for your family as well!

      Delete
    2. Sending you mounds of energy and prayers! :)

      Delete
  5. WOW! Appreciate you sharing this, Tracy... Thanks so much for linking up at Live Laugh Linky! Hope you'll stop by again this week.
    p.s. Your family is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly......I will be stopping by. I've been so blah....words aren't so free flowing this week!

      Delete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!