Yes....I put my stuff out there for the world to read.
But I don't put maps to my house....how much I'm worth....the areas I've lived in.
But it's out there.
There is a crazy website called Spokeo.
Have you heard of it?
This is their description of themselves:
Spokeo is a people search engine that organizes vast
quantities of white-pages listings, social information, and other
people-related data from a large variety of public sources.
Basically anything that is attached to your name they put out
there for the low low price of 2.95 you can have access to
It's private, safe, and secure the website states. Private, safe and secure for whom?
Fear not, there is a way to have your information taken off, but be aware that I did this about two years ago and it came back up. Good practice would be to check yearly to see if your info has magically popped up.
- Go to Spokeo and type in your name.
- Copy the URL when it brings up your information.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on “privacy”
- Paste the URL in the box provided
- Include your email address (it gives you further instructions via email)
- Enter the code
- Go to your email and click on the link they provide to you
- Confirm the directory listing has been deleted
- Go back to Spokeo and put in your name to be sure it was deleted and they can’t find you.
I like to control what info is out there in cyberspace.
Let me know what you think!
From....A mom of boys