Sunday, August 26, 2012

Empty Wheelchair

Dear Life,

Today, at a family party, I witnessed something that made my heart sing.  

An empty wheelchair. 



What does that mean to you?  
To me...it's a symbol of a person who is not confined to his physical limitations.  
His wheelchair is a necessity for movement and for mobility.
When it confines or restrains, an empty wheelchair means there are no limits.  It means he is included in all kinds of play...even in a tall treehouse!



NO LIMITS.

I want Kumaka to live his whole life that way....

LIMITLESS
BRAVE
COURAGEOUS
ABLE
STRONG
INQUISITIVE




8 comments :

  1. Love! Today Greyson was trying to tell Grady that Kumaka can walk now, because he had surgery. and That after his surgery his legs were like this (then he did the green cast thing)

    So glad Kumaka was having a great day with his family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. Yeah...I think walking will talk a big longer...he will have another cast sooner or later. But I love that your kids love my son. It makes my heart so happy!!! :)

      Delete
  2. i love this. what a great perspective and small moment to make you reflect on what matters most. he is happy. he is so lucky and blessed to have you as his momma! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you girll. I would love to have different pictures like this....empty wheelchair....active boy!

      Delete
  3. Awwww..... There you go making me all teary and stuff! The last picture is priceless. It always squeezes my heart when I see Brendan's siblings going out of their way to make sure he is included in everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it is amazing to see the siblings recognize and make an effort to include their brother. Insert MELTING HEART here.

      Delete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!