Monday, August 27, 2012

Young men that make me smile

Dear Life,

This is a story of boys, basketballs, and hot rods.  It's a good one too!

Kalani, (number three boy) plays basketball. 

 He has practice sessions with Tanner,  a boy from the varsity basketball team (and a friend from church).  One day, Tanner was scheduled to pick up Kalani, and I was out running an errand when he picked him up.  When I came home, I was searching the house and couldn't find Kumaka.  I asked my boys where he was.  The answer?  "Tanner took him to practice too!"  
MELT. MY. HEART!




When Tanner pulled up with my boys, I watched as Kalani took  Kumaka out while Tanner pulled the wheelchair out of the front seat of his hot rod. 

 It blew me away.  Most boys wouldn't want to be bothered with a five year old, much less his wheelchair...ESPECIALLY in his hot rod...but not Tanner.  I told him he is my new hero.  
The grin on Kumaka's face was priceless.
  

The example Tanner is setting for my boys is invaluable.



I love these boys!






3 comments :

  1. That is a great story! Thanks for sharing this! As a high school teacher, sometimes I have bad days and need to hear about some good kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It put a smile on my face to read this! It is good to know that there are good, kind hearted kids out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this story melts my heart! I've been reading through your blog and it looks like all your boys have K names, How do you pronounce Kalani though?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!