Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Spina BIfida Awareness Day 17 - Logan's Story


Dear Life,

We are celebrating Logan's birthday with him TODAY by sharing his story.  Tiffany is a huge advocate within our Spina Bifida community online.  She created a home for all affected with Spina Bifida to congregate....and it's well over 1000 now!


 "Logan is 4 today!
























 I found out that Logan was going to be born with Spina Bifida when I was 19 weeks pregnant. 
When I found out about Logan's diagnosis,  I remember very vividly feeling extremely guilty for this and I continually blamed myself. I kept telling myself over & over that I should have done more to prevent this. I found myself constantly praying to God, asking Him to take away my guilt. Then one day I heard this song by Avalon, called: I Don't Want To Go and I knew it was God speaking to me, telling me that everything was going to be okay. I then fond myself drawing closer & closer to God during my grief.
To describe how I feel now about my child is impossible to put into words! He is our joy, our little miracle & so full of life and love. He inspires me to be a better person!
 He inspires me to be the best advocate that I can be. Because of Logan, I strive to help other familes of Special Needs make life better for their children! Spina Bifida is Logan's diagnosis, but it does not and never will define WHO he is! Spina Bifida to me is just another way of helping our family to become what we are meant to be. 

 Never, never take one single moment for granted with your child, they are such a gift! "





4 comments :

  1. I am loving all of these posts!! BIG HUGS,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing our Logan!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And happy happy birthday Logan, may our good Lord bless and keep you for many more awe-inspiring years to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And happy happy birthday Logan, may our good Lord bless and keep you for many more awe-inspiring years to come xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!