Friday, August 14, 2015

Learn


Dear Life,

I used to LOVE writing the Five Minute Friday Challenge.   It's been quite awhile since I've taken five minutes for anything....so I'm starting again TODAY! Kate's word prompt this week is 


learn.


Go:


This month I've had to learn to let go...

I took one of my son's to Hawaii to start his own adventure in life....
His adventure in college....
We spent an amazing week together....
During that week I saw him starting to stretch and grow.....
And when I left him (with tears coursing down my face)....
I knew it was my time to learn to let him go.....
It's his turn to learn....
To stretch....
To dream...
To get hurt...
To pick himself up and dust himself off...
To become a man.
I am learning to be a mom of a young man who is making his own choices, making his own memories, making his own path.
I am learning that letting go hurts like heck.
But I am also learning that it is the best thing for him.
I am so proud of my young man. 
He's an amazing kid.
I can't wait to see what he learns.
While I learn to be patient and watch.

Stop

If you want to read more about Five Minute Friday go HERE


2 comments :

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!