Friday, March 23, 2012

Talents


Dear Life,


As I was growing up I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up.  
I flitted from job to job.























I never did become proficient at one thing.  
I feel like I have an obligation to help my boys find their "thing".
I believe that we all have gifts or talents.  
It's up to us to discover them and grow them.
I have always felt that for someone to be happy in their career they need to find what they love and do it.
So I feel compelled as the mother of boys to help them develop their gifts and talents.
Not everybody has gifts or talents that are glaring.  
Not everyone has a love for something so apparent you know what they are going to do. 
 Each and every one of my kids are so different.
I have one that is very very talented; has an amazing ear for music. 
I have one that is brilliantly smart; too smart for his own britches.
I have one very athletic boy.  He knows what he wants and he's 11.
I have one that loves drama and theater.
And I have one that I know will do whatever he wants to do.
I feel a small bit of pressure to make sure my kids find out what they are going to be great at.
Am I crazy?
Do any of you feel that way?
Are we supposed to let our kids bumble through it until they end up with whatever they end up with?
Anyone want to share thoughts?




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!