Thursday, May 17, 2012

The other women in my life

Dear Life,


As I was thinking about the women that shaped my life for my Mother's Day post (read here), I was thinking about a few other women that have shaped me as well.  
I think the list could be quite extensive, and just in case I forget someone, I am not going to rattle off names.  I can tell you that as early as Jr. High, there were people who have changed me.

Friends that have remained friends for over twenty years. 

Friends that have had enough guts to tell me when I was wrong; friends to love me when my heart was breaking; friends who giggled with me when I was silly; friends who have been joyous with me during triumph and friends that have prayed, cried, and hugged me as I've learned to be a different kind of mom these past few years. 
Friends who have taught me to dream...to believe...to live bigger, better and happier. 


What about my sisters? 


 Sisters who deal with me even when I'm cranky and bossy (hey..it comes with the territory...I'm the oldest after all). 
 Sisters that are there for the good, bad and ugly.  Sisters know it all...and could really make your life crazy if they wanted to!


New friends who have taught me things I didn't know before...pioneer friends. 
Friends who battle things, who show strength, who teach compassion, who teach joy in all things, who give of themselves when they are struggling.  


The love in a woman's heart; the strength in a woman's hand; the knowledge in a woman's brain; the compassion in a woman's core is how we all get through life with joy.  








I am so grateful for all of you who have touched my life, my heart, my soul.  I thank you.  I love you.




Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.  ~Author Unknown

Are we not like two volumes of one book?  ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

Friends are relatives you make for yourself.  ~Eustache Deschamps

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~Albert Schweitzer




4 comments :

  1. Tracy, you are such an amazing writer!! This was beautiful! Love you friend! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching and inspiring! Your rock Tracy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!