Monday, April 22, 2013

You never know when tomorrow ends


Dear Life,

Last week was hard.
Something happened to rock our family's world.
One of those things that only happens on the five o clock news.

My nephew was walking across the street to his car.
He was hit.
His injuries were too much.
He died that night.

It took us a few days to even process this information.

Shawn....
The little boy who always smiled.
The kid who always played with the younger kids.
The teenager that somehow always thought of others.
The man who just wanted a family.

He's gone.
He's not with us anymore.
He's gone on...to be with God.

Even as we cry, we smile as we remember his spirit.
We smile thinking of his smile.
Even as we are so sad...we treasure the moments we had.

It makes me take pause....
Reminds me that every single moment is a treasure.
I need to remember not to take my children for granted.
I need to remember to lower my voice...to give more hugs...to play more and stress less.

Hug your babies...kiss your significant other...remember to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.










No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!