Monday, May 23, 2016

How did I get HERE?

Dear Life,

I am going to share a personal journey with you.

LIKE I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!

If you know me, or have seen a picture of me, you know that my weight has been a challenge for many, many years.


I feel like I have gained 20 pounds yearly!  I was afraid when I got pregnant with Kumaka that I would get to 300 pounds.  I got higher than that!

I topped off at 314 pounds!

WHAT? HOW? NOW WHAT!

I never had to worry about my weight until I had children.  At first the weight gain was a few pounds, and then 20 pounds, until I ballooned so high that walking was hard, sleeping was uncomfortable, and no clothes fit me.  I am going to be brutally honest here.....I stopped measuring myself for clothing sizes; opting for leggings and t shirts.  So the largest size I purchased was 26, but I really think I was a 28 but refusing to admit it.

Working out was impossible.
My bladder became affected.
My legs rubbed together.
I felt ugly.

I noticed that many times people wouldn't look at my face when I was talking to them.
I tried to pretend that I was proud of who I was regardless of my weight.
But last year, I had to be honest.
My health was being affected.
I was afraid of diabetes, heart issues, etc.
What was I teaching my children?


I reached out to my dear friend Liz.
She had been talking to be about Herbalife.
For awhile I said I couldn't afford it.
I finally knew, I couldn't afford to not do it.


The first thing I did was stop drinking soda.  
THAT WAS A HUGE ONE!
I had been drinking soda since I was 17 years old.
I started drinking only water.
After two weeks, I didn't miss it anymore.


To be continued....



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!