Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Going on a Jet Plane

Dear Life,

I have been checking my email twenty times a day for months now.

Waiting.

There are many emails there...but never the one I want.

I continued to check.

Waiting.

I check first thing in the morning...and I check at midnight before I go to sleep.

Waiting.

Today was different.

I checked my email this morning.

And it was there.

The one.

The wait is over.

We have a referral.



What does that mean?

It means Sofi's country is saying yes.

You are okay people...

And you may come to visit her.

It means dates.

We will be picking dates in the next few days.

It means weeks.

In weeks we will be visiting her for the first time.



September

In September my friend and I are going to visit her for a week.

For five days I will get to hold her, play with her, talk to her, read to her, and take her for walks.

For five days I will get to gaze at her face and try to remember every nuance.

For five days my friend will take as many pictures as she can so I don't forget a moment.

For five days I will be in heaven.

And on the sixth day I will be torn in half again.

I will have to leave her.



For now, we are focusing on that moment we fly across the world...to meet this beautiful girl that spoke to our hearts through the computer screen.

We have come far.

We have eaten cupcakes.

We have eaten pizza.

We have sold raffle tickets for a hand made pendant.

We have sold owls.

We have counted shoes.

A lot of shoes.

We have collected clothing.

We have begged, pleaded, and cried...fundraising for this little girl.


You all have not left us stranded.

You all have helped us every step of the way.

We are asking for your help again.

We are needing to pay for this trip...the flight alone is $1000.

Stuart is staying home to help cut on the cost of our trip, and one of my dear friends is going instead.

We are saving our pennies.

But we can't do it without you.

Here are the ways you can help.



First and foremost you can pray....pray that she stays healthy...pray that we get funded...pray that we get there safely.

Second...if you are local you can donate used clothing, bedding, belts, purses, backpacks duffel bags, and curtains.

Third....you can sponsor puzzle pieces.  There are two...one is to win a Kindle Fire $3 each piece...and the other is for two 1 day Disneyland Park Hopper tickets for $5 each. (once those are all sold we can buy our plane tickets) Please use our YouCaring site for this and mention how many tickets and which kind.

Fourth...you can click on this link  http://www.igive.com/button/ and allow it to add on to your browser (it does not download anything on your computer.  When the iGive banner comes up in the right hand corner when you are shopping, simply click it...and we will get a small percentage of your purchase.  So simple!

Fifth...you can donate straight to Sofi's YouCaring account:







We've witnessed miracles already.

Read this post for a walk down miracle lane: A miracle in shoes
We know that Sofi is supposed to come here.

Please consider helping us see miracles again.




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!