Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fourteen Days

Dear Life,

What will you be doing in fourteen days?
Watching your son play football?
Watching your daughter dance?
Sending your kids off to Homecoming?

In Fourteen Days I will be boarding a plane with my best friend.
Off to the other side of the world.
To Eastern Europe.
To visit Sofi.

It's finally here.
I can't believe it.
And we have had so many people reach out to support us..to help us get to her.
And for that, we are so grateful.

Do you wonder what will happen while I am there?

I will visit her October 7-11 for a few hours a day.
On Wednesday I will sign...agreeing to finalize our adoption.
I will take her to get a picture taken for her Visa.
Then, on Friday, I will leave her.

The very week I get back, I will need to pay the 4000 euros (our FINAL FEES) which translates to about $5500.
Sofi's country will not finalize any paperwork until those fees are completely paid off.
THIS IS SO IMPERATIVE.
We need to get this paid NOW!!!
I don't want her to have to wait.
As soon as the fees are completed, her file will go to court, and we will become her legal parents. 
This process takes between 3-5 months.
Then we will go get her FOR GOOD.
WE ARE ALMOST THERE.

We can't stop now!!!

SHARE SOFI'S STORY.


She needs to come home to her mommy and daddy.
She is 4 1/2 years old.
She currently weighs 22 pounds and does not have adequate medical care.


Help us.
Please.
Here's how:

Used clothing drive.

We are accepting gently used clothing of ALL sorts:
Men's, Women's, Children's, bedding, hats, belts, purses. Clean out your closets and drop them at my house.  My garage was about 1/2 of the way full and we got a check from Angel Bins for $575.  If I can fill up my garage 4 more times...that will make a difference.  


Threads of Hope bracelets:


In Puerta Galero in the Philippines, the families struggle to eat. Through these bracelets, made by the mothers and children in that village, the children no longer have to turn to prostitution to help feed their families. This fundraiser has two parts.... Helping those families and raising money to bring home an orphan. Our little Sofi. One bracelet is $2 and three is $5. For every bracelet sold, we raise one dollar for Sofi and one dollar to feed a family. Best two dollars you could spend today. So buy one.... For every family member. Share this post. Be the change today!
(Email me with your order and I will send you a paypal invoice. fivejensenboyz@gmail.com)


We would love to have more runners on our team "Steps to Sofi" for the Long Beach Marathon or 5K
You can go HERE to join the team:http://www.crowdrise.com/stepstosofi/fundraiser/tracyjensen (the money here goes to our adoption agency Children's House International to pay the rest of the fees and is tax deductible)

You can also choose a runner and sponsor them there as well. 

You also have to go HERE http://runlongbeach.com/ to sign up for the race.  We are having people do half marathon as well as 5K.  

You don't have to actually run to be on the team!  You can virtually sign up for our team and raise money!





Here is a general fund donation page: This will help pay our travel fees and other general expenses.


 


We are doing a Squares for Sofi Fundraiser.  You donate $5 to participate.  You make a quilt square (hand sewn, fabric markers or puffy paint...or whatever you design) to be put together for a quilt for Sofi.  We would love to have all of our close friends and family be a part of this special love fundraiser. 
Plus Stuart thought of this one...so we have to give him props!

So.....there are so many ways. to help.  Pick one.  Pick them all.  Just please look inside your heart and bring home this girl.  One less orphan....


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear my readers comments...please take the time to tell me what you think!